Thursday 22 May 2014

The only thing missing, is George.

It's been nearly 6 months since George passed away.
I had a busy and productive day today. I attached the little trailer to the SUV and drove into Port Dover and got a half yard of triple mix. Dropped half off at Si and Dan's and loaded the rest into the vegetable gardens at home. They look great and ready for planting next week so I had a glass of wine in the hot tub to congratulate myself. I was sitting there watching the humming birds eat from the feeder about 6 feet away, orioles about 8 feet away and thought what a good life I have. Then it struck me that the only thing missing is George.
 People keep asking me if I will stay here but George and I set up a great retirement. We set up everything we needed at the cottage. At this point I seem to be financially secure. I have family and friends who I love and spend lots of time with. Interests and activities to keep me busy. Yep, the only thing missing is George.
 Needless to say, there were some tears in the hot tub. I'm entitled, it's been nearly 6 months and my blog has been mostly upbeat but the only thing missing, is George.




1 comment:

  1. I always used to tell people that you guys built The Cottage to die in (extra wide doorways, laundry/bathroom/bedroom on the main floor, walk-in shower, etc.). The problem is that Dad died too soon. However, you guys also built The Cottage to be happy in (perfectly positioned windows, kitchen designed with an angled sink, exposed beams in the huge master bedroom, not to mention the soaker tub, hot tub, pool table, kayaks, comfy deck chairs, and AMAZING beach). So, hopefully the hole that he has left in our life doesn't stop us from loving the life that he helped us build. I love you Mom, I miss him everyday.

    ReplyDelete