Monday 8 September 2014

Niece Week 2014

Fancy finger nails.
OK, the title shouldn't really be "niece week" as Mark and Emma were also here, Mum and Dad for a day and Simon and Danielle for a while. For adults a stay at the cottage is about relaxing, reading, napping, talking, eating, drinking, just vacation stuff.
Emma loved the availability of fresh produce at roadside stands.
The girls on the other hand went from one activity to another with energy, imagination and joy:
Not to be outdone by the adults there were fancy drinks to be made (lemonade).
And toasts to girl power.
A girls only club to be developed with its own emblem.

Reading

Bocce

and three nights of hilarious Balderdash games.
The highlight for me was that the week turned into Junior Rug Hooking Camp with the girls each designing and making a rug based on their club emblem.
Part of my wool stash that they chose their colours from
I only have one frame and punch needle so it was always in use, either by the girls or by
 Emma and myself helping them out.
They worked very hard and this is what they completed by the end of the week
and I'll be working very hard to get all three finished by Christmas.

All that activity totally exhausted Rasta. He slept for most of the next week.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures! Saw the rugs when I was last down and they are amazing. I have such talented cousins.

    ReplyDelete