Wednesday 12 August 2015

Guest Photographers - domestic and wildlife.

While I was away I received a couple of fun e-mails and, with the photographers permission, I'm posting the photographs I was sent.
"Just in case"
Photo and title by Danielle
Rasta was staying with Si, Dan and Fi while I was in Honey Harbour.
Al, who I work with on the Committee Boat, sent the following pictures from a camera that he has set up on a farm outside of Port Dover.


The night time pictures are a little harder to see but this is a buck.
I think it is a fox, difficult to tell the size, maybe it's a coyote.
While out in the garden I heard a lot of chirping (the sound that baby birds make when being fed).
This was the bird making all the noise.

This was the bird feeding it. Hard to tell from this photo but the cap was a golden colour.
May have been a Kinglet.
This shows their respective sizes. The little bird constantly found bugs on the ground and fed them
to the big baby. I'd love to know how this pairing happened.
Thanks to the "Jane Street Birders" I now know that the small bird is an American Tree Sparrow and the large one, an immature Cowbird. Cowbirds will lay their eggs in other birds nests and because they are bigger the babies will dominate and often the other babies starve to death. Ain't nature grand.

1 comment: