Sunday 18 September 2016

Apps Ridge 2016

This weekend was my annual pilgrimage to Apps Ridge (previously Apps Mills). I can't remember how many years I have driven up the hill opposite the Apps Mill Conservation Area anticipating a weekend of fun, food, friendship, and rug hooking. As always the weekend delivered. Pam and Heather have been the organizers for as long as I can remember (I used to help) and have it down to a fine art of welcome and comfort, creativity and tradition, great combinations, all!
Your going to be away? Why do I care? I'm fine here! And by the way, I'm cute too.
I was enrolled in FIFI (Find It and Finish It) as I have so many projects that are unfinished. There were also 2 classes offered.
Rug Hooking and the Art of Doodling was taught by Wendy Scott Davis.
Some of Wendy's examples. She also had a slide show about her journey into Zentangle.
Fall design by Margot Bogdon, straight on to the backing, Wendy would be proud of her.
Part of Margot's stash destined for the fall rug.
After a period of indecision Pam settled on a "wiener dog" to doodle (surprise, surprise!)
Britt happily working on her"doodle".
Eileen Clark's design
and the color planning.
Heather and I got a little rambunctious with the whipped cream at dinner time. Nozzles at 20 paces! Luckily there was still some left to go on the peach cobbler.
Marjorie Duizer's snowflake workshop was the other class offered..
The design component was to cut a big snowflake (you know how to do that), transfer it to the backing and then join some of the holes to create additional pattern. Often the design part of a workshop can take the participants long into the afternoon but everyone was on the backing by lunch and off and hooking.
Some of the wool that Marjorie had for sale.
Now I have given this gift I can post pictures of the little mat that I worked on while cruising on Zatarra this summer.
Happy (belated) birthday Cyndy. She collects elephants.
While working on it I was told that giving an elephant with its trunk in the air brings the recipient good luck.
Aside from the luck I felt the colourful paisley forms depicted a joyful elephant.

No comments:

Post a Comment