Saturday 29 December 2018

Christmas cats and Savory Donut Tasting

Aimee sent me some Christmas pictures from Edmonton. The kids do not look that enthused. Who has time for pictures when Santa is coming!



Seriously! A picture before they have even opened their stocking gifts. That's a lot to ask.
Nicola and Carla came down and helped me decorate the Christmas tree before everyone else arrived.
New stuff to explore; Rasta's first interest was the boxes that gifts had arrived in,
next it was the decorations on the tree
and then the gifts themselves (especially in they were in a bag).
13 for Christmas dinner and gift distribution. Chaotic and fun, lots of food and conversation.


Then, on December 27th, Christine hosted a Savory Donut tasting at her place. There were Beware of the Cat signs posted with the caption "I look like I want you to pet me but really I want to bite you" (She didn't bite anyone)

The event was held to help Christine decide which flavours to offer when she opens Flipside Donut Cafe and Bar in the Distillery District.
Taylor, Chris' chef, has been developing savory donut flavours and we were offered 8 different ones.
She has to whittle it down to 4 to start out. I loved the Salmon and Dill but don't think it made the cut. I actually liked all of them, the Coconut Curry and Pad Thai were both delicious.

These, Taco and Nacho Cheese, were my least favourite.

We all filled out an online survey and her preliminary analysis looked like Taco, Nacho Cheese and Salmon and Dill would not initially be served. Everyone seemed to like the 2 that had pork belly on them and the Cheese Board was also very popular.  She will be holding a Sweet Donut Flavour tasting when she is open, hopefully in February.

Back at home I finished "Stack of Wool", designed by Ingrid Heronimous.

No comments:

Post a Comment