Monday 29 November 2021

Last few Edmonton Photos and on to Long Point

 I found there were a few photos, from Edmonton, that I had not yet put up on the blog, so lets get them out of the way first.

Michael massacring the turkey in an awful Christmas sweater.

The tree in their backyard. Luckily we hung the lights on it before it snowed.

Michael volunteered at a Jujitsu tournament, run by his gym, so I did too. 4 mats in use all day.

Numerous TVs with the bouts and scores.

250 participants.

Mike worked in the podium/medal area and I ensured all the participants had their T-shirts and sold them too. We each came home with a shirt.

The night before I left, a beautiful sunset, taken from their front door.

I returned with plenty of frig decor.

Its that time of year again, the thousands of Sandhill Cranes are back in the fields near Port Rowan.

And a few Swans.

Still more in the air

and, as they drop their landing gear early, they look very funny coming in to land.

 

From there we drove to my old place at Long Point and walked on to the beach.

It had been quite windy and cold in Port Dover but here it was calm and therefor warmer.


Nobody on the beach though.

We watched flock after flock of tiny ducks head out to a "raft" on the lake before heading south.

Then

over the

dune

to where the duck hunters camp during the season.

I really DONT

UNDERSTAND IT!

This is my kind of duck hunting

I can't find my bird book, so unable to identify them. (Maybe Canvasback?)

Bufflehead ?

And a flock of these sweet little things in the Cedar tree

No idea, I need to find that book.

Misty morning on the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment