Saturday 5 November 2022

Wales - Llansteffan Castle

 Heather, Don and I were very lucky with our weather but the forecast for my week in Wales was pretty abysmal. On the best day, Chris and I drove over to Llansteffan Castle and lucked into a lovely day.

Stopped first for coffee and scones at the tea room

then along the beach and up the stairs

and into the woods.

Chris saw a new path that looked like short cut but turned out to be a bit of a scramble, muddy and brambly.

Nearly there..

I visited it alone last time I was here. It is still free

and still a fabulous castle.

Minimal signage

Views across the estuary to Ferryside

and out to sea.

It would have been a great defensive position.

Chris got plenty of excellent pictures of her own feet

but did finally got one of me.

We walked back down the road (much easier) with its view of the local manor

and sheep.

Back down the footpath to the carpark

where we saw some very wet Bearded Collies and Dandie Dinmonts (a rare Scottish breed)


No comments:

Post a Comment