Saturday 24 August 2024

Visitors and kayaking

Its been a busy couple of weeks with first Chris, Jason's family and her friends visiting and  then Brit and her family. While they were here Pam, Sue and Heather came for a day of hooking and/or knitting. 

Then Eve visited for a couple of days and we shopped Port Dover and Port Rowan and ate lunch at a couple of patios with views. This photo is a new mural in Port Rowan.


Sailing has been great with Spellbound still doing very well in the races.

These shots were taken with my phone after we had finished racing and others were still on the course.

Feeding frenzy (gulls and Cormorants) in front of my place.

With an Eagle scoping it out too.

Rick grabbed some seeds from a plant beside a trail he was on, a couple of years ago. I tossed them on the bank and got one plant last year. Took the seed heads from that year and tossed them around. Brit used her phone App and they are Split Leaf Cone Flowers.

This year I have a ton of them.

The bees and

and the butterflies

love them.


Today I kayaked Black Creek.

Saw tons of turtles of all sizes (about and inch up to about 18 inches),

an Egret (photo using my phone so not great), a Blue Heron (let me float to within 3ft but I didn't want to scare him off by reaching for my phone) and a Weasel came to the edge of the river and took a drink.

I went all the way to the Lighthouse

and then made my way back. It was a beautiful, warm but not too hot, day. I don't usually kayak on the weekend as there is a lot of boat traffic but I was early enough today that there wasn't much. Lots of other kayakers though, including a group down from Kitchener Waterloo.

No comments:

Post a Comment