Monday 10 March 2014

Long Point - longing for spring.

Life has revolved, primarily, around digging and visiting for the last week. Dad has managed to reside at 3 different hospitals in 10 days (Nicola wanted to know if he got frequent flyer rewards with the medical transportation services) and this has meant visiting him in Hamilton, Niagara Falls and Fort Erie. The other visiting has been for the purpose of socializing and eating and I have gone to a couple of excellent dinner parties in the last week.
I posted a picture of this floor mat in the blog about the Kindred Spirits retreat and here
it is in Jennifer's beautiful renovated kitchen.
So now to the shovelling. I posted a photo of my huge sand/snow drift that happened while I was taking care of Fiona in February. It has been added to numerous times since then and I have gradually been chipping away at it. I spend about an hour almost everyday on this endeavour and consider it my daily exercise.

Just like the growth rings of a tree, I can see the history of this winter in the levels in
the drift. White softish snow from a snow storm, dark layers of sand from when it was
windy and ice from those 'melt then freeze' days.
I actuall broke through to the hot tub today so now will have to chip away at it much more carefully. Today was actually quite mild and there are some early signs of spring.
Some wet sandy areas on the beach and the ice mountains have shrunk.
Winter trees reflected in a puddle on the road.
I bring spring home and put it in a vase.
And as for Rasta; he had his 3rd vet appointment and is now 4.5lbs and doesn't have to go back until its time for him to be neutered (wont that be fun!). He's oblivious to the seasons.
He sleeps
... and sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment