Monday 24 November 2014

October colours, November colours

Before I left to go to the UK I took some fall pictures. I posted some under "My Hunt for Red October" but hadn't got around to posting the yellows and oranges. I have read that October 2014 was the warmest on record and I can certainly believe it, as there were still fall colours when I returned in November.
October picture. View over Long Point Bay
October Picture. Pile of pumpkins. I was away for Halloween and I didn't mind at all as it is my least favourite
celebration. I was surprised to see it in the UK as it wasn't celebrated there when I was a child. The emphasis was
on Guy Fawks (Nov 5). I gather it was celebrated in Scotland as a Celtic celebration.
October picture. Yellow and orange trees are not as impressive as the red and burgundy ones.

October picture. Both the soy beans and the corn have a pale yellow hue in sunlight in the fall.
November picture. Bob's maple trees had finally turned.
November picture. Mums in flower among the fallen leaves.
November picture. Stupid daffodils. I planted them just before I left, in October, and they
were up and in bud 3 weeks later. I don't think I'll get any in the spring.
Walking on the beach was lovely , the first week in November.
Then it all changed .......

First a dump of snow.
And some wild wind
With some beautiful results.
I am going back to the pattern of ending a blog post with a Rasta picture. Cyndy and Jim were down for the weekend with their dog, Ceilidh. She is a hunter and of course believes that a cat is for chasing. Upon meeting, Rasta ended up climbing the walls - literally - so we kept Rasta upstairs and Ceilidh downstairs for the weekend. Neither were happy about that arrangement. Ceilidh kept whining about it and this picture shows you how thrilled Rasta was.
Pissed off cat, on the top bunk.

No comments:

Post a Comment