Wednesday 23 December 2015

Miscellaneous pre-Christmas updates

Aimee and Avery are in Ontario for Christmas (Mike stayed back to work) and we met up at Nolan's (Aimee's nephew) first birthday party.
Avery (nearly 11 months) and Nolan (1 year)
Really, whats a baby supposed to do with a slinky. Chew it and wave it!
Christmas tree decorating finished. Not a lot of fun by myself but I managed
it a lot better than last year.
Rasta is very interested in the new decor. He's such a good cat, never knocks anything down
or attacks the tree (in front of me).
"I'm not going to bat this off. See, I'm not even really looking at it."
As usual in the late fall and early winter it has been very windy. There are two guys who come regularly
(in full wet suits) to surf and this guy who has a big kite that pulls his tricycle along the beach.
Eve came to visit and helped me frame and hang the prints that I bought in Maine.
George's mum, Berneice, made Christmas stockings for Chris and Mike. A couple of years ago I made
one for Aimee and this is Averys. He has the same initials as Mike so I added a little "v" next to the
A to differentiate them.
Aimee and Avery visited for a few days before returning to Toronto for Christmas Eve with her family.
He was as interested as Rasta in the bells on the door handles.
And of course Rasta was as intrigued as always in the basket under the stroller.
Already George's "high forehead" and Mike's ears.
Ruby came to visit.
Both in motion.
He was very interested in both the dog and the cat. Rasta stayed about 2 1/2 feet away at all times but kept circling around to look at him from another angle. They took turns playing in a cardboard box.
I was just seconds too late grabbing my camera as Rasta had just let Avery touch his paw.
They will be back on Christmas Day which will be absolute bedlam with lots of family, dog, cat and baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment