Friday 2 December 2016

Baja California - La Paz to Toronto

My final day in Mexico was spent mostly in traveling. Up early and did final cleaning and then started the drive to La Paz. Took me a couple of tries to find a gas station that would take my credit card (2 of them mysteriously had defective machines??). Stopped off at the grocery store to buy some coffee. I really liked the Mexican coffee.
The drive back took nearly 3 hours as I was carefully staying well under the speed limit. I passed the scene of my "traffic infraction" and there was a cop car sitting at that 4 way stop. I watched everyone roll through it but I came to a full, solid, long, stop before proceeding.
Because I had to get the car back by 3, I was rather early for my 7:30 flight but I just hung out at the airport bar/restaurant and it was quite entertaining.
There was a constant stream of flights coming in and its amazing to me how many people want a beer before they even get on the shuttle that will transport them to their resort (even though the Mexican greeter has told them there is beer on the bus). There were also a huge number of destination weddings (you can tell from the groups of young people with many of them carrying clothing bags) and for some reason destination wedding guests do a lot of squealing and hugging. It was a great place to people watch.
 The tables get pretty full at peak arrival times so I shared my table a number of times with some interesting people from Canada and the States.
Time for my last glass of Mexican Cabernet Sauvignon .I don't think I've seen any kind of Mexican wine in the LCBO (I just looked it up, they stock one Petite Sirah in Vintages). Time for my last beautiful Mexican avocado (though I can get them at home but they wont ripen as beautifully) this one with fresh crab salad on it.
Sun going down behind the Sierra de Laguna. It was the cloudiest and coolest day so far.
An uneventful flight home, got into Toronto at 2am, overnight in a hotel, picked up my car and drove home (gas, groceries and cat on the way).

No comments:

Post a Comment