Thursday 18 October 2018

Farewell to summer

Today the temperature is hovering just above 0 and it has been very windy the last few days. Even though I swam in the lake just over a week ago I have to accept that summer is over and fall is fast moving into winter.

Last winter, and this summer, the weather has not been kind to the Long Point shoreline. Cottages along Woodstock Ave have been threatened by high water and many now have stone or metal barriers to protect foundations.

It was a good year for the vegetable garden and I still have peppers and marigolds thriving in it.

Changed up the porch post pots.
Fall gives me some fabulous sunsets. The sun sets into the lake which reflects the colours. Doubles the effects.
Warm and windy fall weather bring people to walk the beach,
kayak,
and, of course, kite board.

I take so many sunset pictures, its hard to know which to include.
One of the program challenges this year, at J.J. Ruggers, the rug hooking guild I belong to, is to hook a small piece to commemorate our 50th anniversary. So I took my camera to Paris, hoping to find some inspiration.

Perhaps the cupola on the downtown hotel.

The railway bridge or the dam.
It wont be these canoes peaking from under the bushes, because they are not 50yrs old, but I loved the shot.

Perhaps one of the windows from John M Halls.

I'm leaning towards this picture of the heritage plaque and cobblestones
from this lovely old house on Broadway St.

No comments:

Post a Comment