Thursday 19 September 2019

Ripley, WV - Southern McGown Teacher Training, Day 4

It's been an intense week with 2 days of fine cut (Oriental and Crewel) broken up by the funny Ladies from Carolyn Stich. The organizers are smart, as we are starting to be tired, overloaded, calluses on our hooking fingers, so for the last day they gave us a wide cut winter theme.

I was in Sarah Guiliani's class for Bundle Up.
Sarah had a lovely relaxed approach to the class and hooking in general. She based the colour plan for the piece on a multicolour texture sold by Dorr (Ombre)

The piece is quite simple, a perfect piece for beginners and while hooking we discussed the various challenges of teaching beginners - kit or not, types of hooks, colour planning, demonstrating techniques. In the piece Sarah used chain stitch,

proddy,

french knots and fringe.
Jennifer and I needed to leave class early in order to settle up our bills and collect our rugs, before leaving in order to get to Apps for the J.J.'s weekend retreat. In all of that I forgot to take a picture of what I completed in the class - about a third of the scarf.
Surprise, surprise, I was assigned a teaching role for next year. So I have a #3 cut pictorial to complete by July1, 2020 with written report and I must teach it on the Monday of next years Teacher Training.

No comments:

Post a Comment