Thursday 26 December 2019

Christmas 2019 - episode 1

My old netbook was starting to get "glitchy", it was about 5 years old, so I bought a new one and thought I had better make sure I could use it for blog posts before setting off on the next trip. Looks OK so far!

I had wanted to complete this pictorial before Xmas as I have to teach it at McGown Teacher Training next September and have to submit the pictures of the completed project, a report and lesson plan by the summer. At this point I am planning on teaching about black walnut dying (cabin and tree are hooked with walnut dyed wool), tips for pictorials and ways to add texture and dimension to a pictorial. That should fill a day. (Summer Bell Pull, designed by Jane McGown Flynn)

Christmas Eve day I spent with Nicola and her family for my "first Christmas".

Kevin and Broghan were there for the afternoon and evening. Carla was home for the week (sorry no pictures)
Nicola often compares Bronx to a two year old child and he certainly lived up to that comparison. Once he discovered that his wrapped gifts had dog bones and treats inside he was constantly trying to open everyone's gifts and hunting under the tree.

His other trick - stealing your seat if you got up.

No comments:

Post a Comment