Thursday 7 January 2021

Happy New Year 2021

 

Red wine and chocolate for the last sunset of 2020.


Rick and I managed to stay up until midnight, something I haven't done in years. He took this with his digital SLR camera.

My little "point and shoot" didn't do nearly as good a job. Port Dover marked 2021 with fireworks, which we could just see from "The Edge".

We walked at Backus Mill and

Turkey Point parks,

walking off our My Thai dinner

I keep telling the ducks to head south but I guess the winter has been too mild so far.

In the tree next door, I think it is an American Kestrel

My apple tree was planted while I was away in Edmonton so I didn't think to protect it. Something has been snacking on it so it is now wrapped in chicken wire. I hope there hasn't been too much damage done.


I have a wet felted picture by Jennifer Budd that she mounted by sewing it on to a canvas so

 that's what I did with the little beach scene that I made for Fiona's birthday. I can't believe she is 18!!!

After an appointment in Port Rowan I continued along Front Rd to see if the Sandhill Cranes where still here.

There were literally thousands of them in the fields just back from the marshes.

Standing, walking, preening

eating, drinking, flapping, fighting and occasionally flying in, all the time making their alien sounding gurgling call.

Further along,

a field of swans (Tundra swan maybe)

No comments:

Post a Comment