Saturday 20 February 2021

Delhi outing.

 Out of lockdown and Rick and I were invited to go for a walk with friends who live in Delhi. After weeks of not seeing anyone, except Rick and family, this was very exciting.

We drove to Delhi and then followed Mark and Angie to Tillsonburg, where we walked part of the Trans Canada Trail.


Unfortunately there had been a snow storm the previous day and the trail was rough going through the deep snow.

But still lovely, through a golf course,

beside and over a river (Big Creek)

and we turned around at the (no longer used) rail trestle.

Like a huge metal sculpture.

There was evidence of people skiing, tobogganing, snow shoeing and a guy with a snow blower was clearing a couple of ice rinks. Covid is certainly making us appreciate the Canadian outdoors.

Then it was back to Mark and Angie's to sit around the fire drinking hot apple cider with spiced rum, and red wine and eat chilli, rolls and squares for dessert.

Angie's chilli was particularly delicious (though I have never met a chilli that I didn't like). Here's the link to the recipe she used.

 /www.thewholesomedish.com/maple-bourbon-chili/


Mean while, back at the ranch:

On again, off again ice is restricting the areas that the ducks can feed.

The bluff continues to be a prime hunting ground and my pine tree a prime vantage point. I think this is a Kestrel.


Taking a picture from inside the sunroom wasn't working well so I stepped out of the door and he gave me a look that said "Don't disturb me, I'm cold and hungry"

and then he flew off.

A few time there have been large birds standing out on the ice. They look big enough to be Eagles but I'm not sure.

Now that Nicola has finished, and shown Christine, CiGi's quilt,


I can post the pictures of Rasta "helping" her by holding onto the box of pins.

Lots of colour in the house as the Geraniums are flowering,


as are the Daffodils I bought in from the garage on Feb 1st,
and the Orchid, Rick gave to me.



Last, but not least, baby pictures:

She has a diaper rash so spends some time, naked, airing out. So many toys already.


Sometimes she just goes back to sleep. 7.5lbs now, getting chubbier.

In a group chat, Daniele said how much she liked baby toes, so Chris created a collage just for her.


No comments:

Post a Comment