Monday 15 February 2021

Port Dover walks and updates.

 When I don't feel like doing much, but know I need to get outside, I either walk along the road by the house or the Lynn Valley Trail.

Near here Rick and I spotted a pair of mink. They were too fast, no pictures, but an exciting sighting.

The ice comes in many formations, this looks like shards of broken glass.


On the Lynn Valley trail with Nicola, Daniele and Ruby, we spotted this very cold looking Blue Heron. Should have flown south!!

I took pictures of these skulls around Halloween, now they have scarves and hats.

After that walk, Nic and I picked up coffee at Trish's bakery and then sat at the pier. The ducks thought we might want to feed them.

Playing with that photo.

Nic observed that the female Mallards

have a small flash of purple.

Now some updates:

Regular readers may recall that I visited my friend Christine, in Wales, a couple of years ago and she and her husband had bought an old mill to renovate. After years of dealing with the heritage committees and bat society they have moved into a "shed" on the property and have been working on it:

The outside walls are now complete and pointed



and the roof finished, with Welsh slate and skylights.

 

I am also regularly getting photo updates of Cassandra George:

I love it when I get a video call and she is awake (though I am getting a reputation for putting her to sleep that way)


So relaxed.

Those baths are absolutely exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment