Wednesday 25 October 2023

Friday the 13th

 

Although it is not until the first weekend in November, the Sailors Night flags have arrived and in sorting them I found that we were missing a set. Hopefully the replacements will get here in time.

I think George and I attended Friday the 13th in Port Dover just once. It is an event that most Doverites avoid as the traffic is snarled and the town is very crowded with the bikers and the people here to see the bikes.

I tried to drive into town but Hwy 6 was plugged so I drove down a side street and parked at the top of Brant Hill to walk in.

Bikes are no longer parked on the main street, so they were parked all over the place.



Plenty of police around;

directing traffic and keeping an eye on things.

Main street was for pedestrians only and was packed,

vendors lined the street selling all manner

of bike related stuff,

with an emphasis on skulls,

and gruesomeness.

No idea what their story is!

Walking back down I focused more on the bikes

and their artwork

and accessories.

Patios and bars were full with the sound of live music coming from every direction.

The weather cooperated with the rain holding off until the evening.


A last look up Main St and I walked across the bridge and back to my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment