Friday 27 October 2023

Woolstock

Woolstock used to be held at the fairgrounds in Woodstock and there was an annual pilgrimage of the Paris hookers to this fabulous fibre festival. More recently (not sure of the timing or the why) it has moved to the fairgrounds in Paris.

Three buildings full of yarn, wool and anything related to knitting, crochet, weaving and rug hooking.

 
I met Pam and Sue there and having vowed to buy nothing, as I am trying to decrease my "stash", I only bought a couple of scains of wool for whipping. There were other J.J.s there and I was told that Peggy and Pat had both been there earlier. We then had lunch at Winsey Mills and I met some "Paris Sketchers" for the first time. I think I will probably try and attend some of their events as I really enjoyed the urban sketching in the Junction.


Inspired, I came home and finished this piece with 2 rows of crochet for the edging. Fall designed by Connie Bradley.

I blanket stitched the backing on. It is now for sale in the Woodhouse Gallery in Port Dover.

Three fishing tugs on the hard for winter maintenance. This took a huge crane that we saw on our last race night.

Beginning to see "duck rafts" form on the lake as the various species gather before heading south. I think these are Mergansers.

Long Point Bay is also filling up with "Lakers". The Seaway, which includes the Welland Canal, is on strike so nothing can move between Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. I can currently see 7 ships sheltering in the Bay, waiting, and there are even larger clusters off Port Colborne and Port Dalhousie (at either end of the canal)

They get to enjoy the pretty fall sunsets.

No comments:

Post a Comment