Wednesday 11 June 2014

Port Dover - a beautiful night for pictures (and for racing)

Monday night I was again on the Committee boat for the spinnaker race. It was an absolutely perfect night for taking pictures. The wind was from the North East but strong enough to run a full length race and the sun was out most of the time. The three photographers on the boat had to keep reminding ourselves that we had a job to do as we got caught up in the picture taking in the beautiful light just before sunset.
The night started with very little wind and I thought I would focus on some close ups as we might not be actually having a race.
See? The waters like glass.





The wind co-operated and filled in and we were able to start a race.
Usually the majority of the boats start at the Tetrahedron end of the start line but this night
we could have reached out and touched about 4 boats, from the committee boat.
They were pretty close to each other too. 
I took over a 100 pictures so I will try and just pick the best, or most colourful, or just my favorites ... I don't know its going to be difficult making the choices.
Erie Witch and Special K dowsing their spinnakers and turning around the mark.
Because we ran a full (up and back three times) race the boats, spinnakers flying, came towards us
three times. I think this is Special K,  Kestrel, Cyclone, West Wind, Amazing Grace and Erie Witch.
Sea of Dreams
The boat is called Unbridled. The spinnaker has a tree frog ??????
Neck and neck to the finish.
And the night ended with a beautiful sunset.

No comments:

Post a Comment