Sunday 25 January 2015

A tale of three rugs.

In August I posted a photo of my three nieces with their three punch needle rugs underway. Here is another one. They designed and started the rugs while they were visiting for a week.
Although they all started with the same club emblem, the differences are already obvious
in their colours and added design elements.
They left me colour plans for each rug and I punched on them all fall. I found I had to limit the amount of time I spent as punching for too long makes for an aching wrist.
Sarah's was the first one completed. She chose lots of design elements and carried the different colours around the rug with them. I took it to Ottawa with me for her to open at Christmas.
Heather's was finished next and she chose bright flowers and raindrops. I mailed hers to get
there by Christmas.
Fiona's was finished in time to give it to her for her birthday in January. She chose to add words
and a border. 

I was impressed with their designs and how hard they worked on the rugs while they were here. I thoroughly enjoyed working on each one, with their differences, but wont be punch needle hooking for a while as I need a break from it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment