Thursday 29 January 2015

Cold January and packing

Edmonton was surprisingly warm when I was out there, sometimes above zero, while Long Point has been quite cold since I got back.
At the beginning of January the ice mountains (hills this year) were just beginning to form
and the lake was still open.
After a few stormy and cold days ice was jammed up against the shore and so the waves
couldn't add to the ice on the edge. Just a jagged mass of ice out to a still open
horizon.

When it snows, and before the wind blows it all off the beach, it can be quite blinding.
I wish we had these around here but I guess they would just be a big meal for our coyotes.
This huge rabbit (hare?) was in Mike and Aimee's yard in Edmonton.

I am getting ready to go to France and Rasta is not impressed. I am reminded of our Sealyham Terrier, Patsy, who sat on the suitcases when we packed to emigrate to Canada.
He has actually taken my travel diary out of my suitcase and deposited it under a chair and also dropped
a shoe from the bag on to the floor. I'm not sure how he does it as it is when I'm not in the room.

Stay tuned for daily updates from France if the internet at the apartment is good enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment