Sunday 11 January 2015

It's a boy!!!

I am officially a grandmother (though I am hoping to be referred to as "Nana") Avery Michael Sweeton was born on January 10, 2015 in Edmonton, Alberta. These are the first pictures I have received, by phone, of course, so there has been some messing around to get them on my computer and then on to the blog.
To quote Christine "Mike looks about 12". I assured her that the next few months (and 20 years)
will age him.
Avery is a french name and was originally a boys name although the girls have been taking it over.
It means "Rules with Elf-Wisdom" or the English version is "Counselor"
He was 7.1 lbs and 18.5 inches long
He's home now, and the fun begins!
I can't wait to hold him, rock him, change him etc etc. I also can't wait to see Mike and Aimee adapt to this next stage. I'm going to have to learn how to Skype.

No comments:

Post a Comment