Monday 8 June 2015

Long Point - Spring 2015 Rug Hooking Weekend

The group of friends that I rug hook with get together a few times a year and last weekend was our spring get together at my place.
Rasta insisted on helping with the bed making preparations.
Peggy and Lynn came straight to the cottage and Pam, Leslie, Pat and I met at Burning Kiln for lunch and wine tasting.
We all have different taste in wine which resulted in a lovely range of colors too.
I was pleased to see this label, as, on my last trip back to Paris, I noticed that my
favourite group of tobacco barns/kilns, that were this color, have been demolished.
There is a corn field there as if they never existed.
Both were very enjoyable and afterwards we had a quick tour of the "glamping" suites at Eco-Adventures across the road. King sized, pillow top beds and a wooden floor but the outside shower didn't look that appealing to me. Still, a lovely location and lots to do with the trails, observatory, zip-lining and of course the winery.
As usual it was a weekend of good food, drinks, good company and productive rug hooking.
Morning coffee on the deck.
Most of us spent Saturday morning "garage saling" and shopping in Port Rowan.
This was my find and it needs a bit of work before coming into the house as my
overflow dinner table.
Photo by Pam. As well as rug hooking, there was walking on the beach (stuck toes in the water but rejected the idea
of going any deeper), bike riding (for 2 of us), napping and knitting. Saturday evening we had a fire on the beach.
It was a very productive rug hooking weekend with the added value of hooking friends available for consultations.
Peggy has been working on "the fish" (its so much more than that) for, literally, decades. It is huge,
beautiful and very detailed, in a 3 cut. This photo makes it look a little distorted as her frame is
under part of it.
This piece of water was this weekends work (along with some knitting), that's why
it has taken her so long.
Lynn was working on a winter landscape.
Leslie was working on a William Morris sampler, designed by Sharon Harvey.

Pam, on a Martina Lasar cushion pattern. This photo has faded the colors, they are
vivid in reality.

Pat was working on a large, wide cut, mountain scene.
I worked on this poppy that Peggy had started at a Jeannie Field workshop and we decided
that it suited my house better than hers. Taking this photo was quite helpful as I had thought I needed
to define the petals more but I now think they show up OK.
Rasta was very curious about all the wool, frames, patterns etc and just wanted to be part of the
group, stealing Lynn's chair regularly.
He also found it quite exhausting and will probably spend all week recovering (read: sleeping)
This just in - Avery's new toy - his toes!

1 comment:

  1. All the rugs look so good! (Did you find my big 'left-overs' diamond one yet?)

    ReplyDelete