Monday 21 September 2015

J.J. Ruggers Apps Ridge Weekend

Last weekend was the annual rug hooking retreat at Apps Ridge, just outside of Paris. I dropped Rasta off at Simon and Dan's for 3 weeks ( to meet the new puppy) and went up to Apps Ridge on Friday afternoon. A gathering of 17 of us ordered in Chinese food and then started in on our hooking projects.
At the JJs meeting we were taught how to make "woolly quillys" so I started
out the weekend creating quilly grapes and a grape vine.
I hadn't signed up for a class, choosing, instead, to work on projects I had already started.
I also worked on the poppy that I got from Peggy, destined for the downstairs
bedroom as a cushion.
Sharon Harvey taught one of the classes on William Morris designs. They hooked a sampler of his elements.
Simone taught punch needle and brought a fabulous array of wool yarn. I found it
very difficult to resist. I held off until late on Saturday and then ended up buying
3 skeins.
Heather's colour planning of her punch needle chair seat.
Leslie designed her own fall leaves piece. This is the "wrong" side and
the right side.
Each year we bring back rug hooking we have completed from previous years. This one, completed
by Sue Jones in the last year, reminds me so much of the beach, it's gorgeous!
Sheep, designed and hooked by Sur Jones. Beautiful colours and whimsical sheep.
It was so nice to catch up with people that I only see a couple of times a year.

1 comment: