Tuesday 8 September 2015

Norfolk County -Lynn Valley Trail, Ireland Rd to Simcoe

Fi and I painted the garage while I was there but Back To School shopping also needed to be done, so I took another bike ride, while Fi and Dan braved the Hamilton malls.
More information boards. It seems that Norfolk County was positively riddled with railways. Port
Dover was a very popular destination for holidayers and day trippers.
I guess it still is as most people were heading south towards Dover while I was cycling north to Simcoe.
Same leafy tunnels over the trail and peaceful river views at the bridges.
I could hear the tractor, trundling around this field, pulling a cutter, long before
I saw it. The lovely smell of fresh cut hay followed me down the trail.
Just before Simcoe the trail branches giving 2 different routes into the centre of town. The map where I chose to end showed how to link to the Waterford trail and the Delhi trail. In turn those trails link to others. I could bike a very long way if I had the inclination (and the energy).
According to the map, the Alligator Tug, was supposed to be in this area where the river is wider. There
was nothing here but waterfowl though.
Upon returning to Si and Dan's I found that my bag loving cat had adopted the
Spinnaker Bag. A nice big comfy bag full of light weight nylon, it doesn't get much better
than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment