Sunday 18 August 2019

Two for a time

I returned from Honey Harbour in time for Caleidoscope's turn at being Committee Boat on Wednesday night. Not as much fun as racing but still lovely to be out on the lake in the evening.

At the beginning my job was to check the boats in as they sailed past and check that everyone started in the right fleet. Rhapsody and I am not sure who is in the background but they are J80s , could be Dolce Vita and Relentless.

At the end my job was to write down the times as each boat crossed the finish line and work out the elapsed time (as the 3 fleets started 5 minutes apart). Amazing Grace on the first downwind leg.





So there were not a lot of picture taking opportunities. This is Sheets and Giggles first across the line.
While waiting for the boats to complete the 3 leg course we ate too much as everyone (8 of us) had bought contributions for the meal; pizza, cheese, crackers, olives, fruit tray, grapes, squares and cookies. I had half a cider and the others either had beer or water. We were a very sober boat, focused on the job, unlike some crews who see Committee Boat night as an opportunity to party.

Christine is away for a couple of weeks with a group that includes her usual cat sitters, so I have Two, and as Two is not a friendly cat, Simon and Daniele have Rasta.

It took her a few days to settle in. She probably doesn't remember that she spent the first 2 months of her kittenhood here.

She has been here a week and thinks she owns the place.


There are some similarities; just like Rasta she does the classic "sausage" stretch, she believes that petting her should take precedence over the tablet or the laptop and breakfast has to be served as soon as I get up. One difference is that Rasta wakes me (or tries to) with a gentle pat on my cheek with his paw, Two on the otherhand touches her little cold nose to mine and I wake with a cat in my face!

No comments:

Post a Comment