Monday 18 November 2019

California, Palm Springs - on my own.

The last 3 days I have no company so I set my own routine; awake at about 7:30, couple of cups of coffee and check e-mails, put on a load of laundry (I need to set the house up for Rick and Eve's next guests), yoga by the pool, swim, dry in the sun, drink smoothie, hang out laundry (it dries very quickly here), read, have lunch, paint, walk around the neighbourhood in the late afternoon when the road is mostly shaded, supper, read or watch TV.

Completed painting from Friday's class. The instructor said to never show anyone the original photo so they never know the mistakes you made.

This house is having new landscaping put in and Chris, Teri and I watched a huge crane placing the new palm trees.
Next day, another painting.
This time I didn't have a photo so I kept popping outside and looking at this cluster of lemons, not yet ripe on the tree


and this one that fell off the tree yesterday.

Today I painted from a photo in a book on hummingbirds that Eve has on the coffee table.

On my last evening walk (I fly home tomorrow) I saw the progress being made on creating a desert landscape, at the house just down the road. This kind of landscaping saves water and is encouraged here.

At the first little park I could see that the sky was starting to glow.
Halloween decorations looked a little out of place here but Christmas ones look even stranger.
The sky really
put on a show

for my last night here.

No comments:

Post a Comment