Sunday 25 October 2020

Flight to Edmonton, Maya and Avery

Pearson was not the usual mass of teeming humanity. There was one flight going out from the same area as mine, about an hour before.

 Covid changes - Park and Fly was almost empty, the shuttles were not running regularly but on demand, masks worn everywhere (of course), covid questions were asked at the check in terminals, most restaurants and retail spaces in the terminal were closed (including Starbucks which is usually my airport treat), every other seat was blocked off in the waiting areas. People still lined up to get on the plane but not quite as crushed together as usual. Passengers were let on more gradually.

Much the same - security, bar next to the gate was open (so I had a glass of wine as I was there quite early), nearly full plane but I was lucky enough to have an empty seat next to me. Crowding around the luggage carousel.

Very few flights on the board. Most were domestic except for Amsterdam  and Heathrow

 Aimee and the kids picked me up and everyone was up too late.

Suchi for supper



Maya dressed up in her construction outfit.

Serious about Alphagetti for lunch.

I bought rug hooking stuff with me so I could make a rug for Maya (Avery already has one). Maya is also known as Maya-bird so the rug had to have birds. Maya and I worked on the design.

Maya then picked out colours for each element. This was after the first day.

Maya also has other uses for the pieces of wool.

Lunch with a side of ipads.

Followed by chocolate, banana, peanut butter, chocolate chip muffins.

I don't see as much of Avery as he is at school on weekdays. He is addicted to playing Minecraft and assumes the strangest positions when in that world.

No comments:

Post a Comment