Sunday 14 March 2021

Wildlife

 I try to have my camera with me all the time as I want to get used to it and so far I am very happy with it as I can get shots with the zoom that I couldn't on the other one and they are clearer.

Immature Bald Eagle scanning the lake.


Possum in the back yard.

Merganser ? (with a bad hair day)

Male and female Merganser and White winged Scoter (? maybe)

Bluff hunting

hard to tell, from this angle, what he is. Just after I took this shot he folded his wings and dove.

The black hoards have descended again - red winged Blackbirds, Starlings and Grackles  empty the feeders in a day.

And there is tons of activity there, House Finches

in large numbers.

The Red breasted Woodpecker

is so beautiful that

that I can't get enough of him.

OK, the Downy is cute too.

I have put up some new

avian accommodation

but they tend to like them a bit weathered

so I don't know if I will get any residents this year.

 Finally, guest photographer:

Peregrine Falcon in Hamilton


Photos by Rick.

No comments:

Post a Comment