Wednesday 21 April 2021

Looking for some different walks - St Williams

I've done a lot of walking this winter, alone, with Nicola or with Rick and am getting a bit bored with "the same old walks". So when there's a different walk I am up for it.

A couple of weeks ago Rick and I were heading towards Backus Woods (again) when I remembered there was a parking lot beside the Forestry Farm on Hwy 24.

We walked beside a pond that probably is used for irrigating the trees and we were into some woodlands with sandy trails and lots of signs of spring.

Absolutely beautiful, but I don't have Nicola's flower identifying app on my phone. Back on the computer and I think it is Round Lobed Hepatica

This ground cover looks like Christmas.


Violets


The spring blooms weren't just on the ground


the trees and shrubs were getting in on the act too.



And a left over from last fall - Milkweed seed.

 

The trails weren't very well marked and a bit confusing so we didn't walk for long. It was also a weekend so there were ATVs and dirt bikes out on the trails too. A better walk for a weekday.

Ending with birds and baby:

Cedar Waxwings in the Apple tree next door.

One was feeding the other a Forsythia petal.

One of our, twice a day, video visits.



No comments:

Post a Comment