Friday 14 January 2022

Big Birthday Week

 Two of my grandchildren had birthdays this week. May is the big birthday month in the family but January is running a close second.

Avery turned 7! Photo by Aimee


There had been big plans to take him to an Oilers game but, unfortunately, the game was postponed. Photo by Aimee.

Instead they took him to The Rec Room, where the photobooth produced this family picture.

Incidental photo of River having a happy time with Mike. Photo by Aimee.

Last week Chris, Jason and Cigi visited and I got to "enjoy" the really messy meal times,

playing,

reading ("Fart book was a Christmas present from Nic and Dave)

and generally hanging out. (University of Guelph, Class of 2042 was a Christmas present from Fi, who also had a birthday this month, as did Heather)

I finished Cigi's rug and

Chris sent me a picture of it placed in front of the closet in Cigi's room, a nice low traffic area.

Today was Cigi's birthday

No cake but she got her first Arrowroot cookie and a tour of the Daycare Centre that she will attend. Photo by Chris.

Now for some random photos:

Rick preparing for his new hobby


taking pictures of the stars. He was out on the Edge, on a cold,clear night and I was not about to go out there to get a good picture!

My new hobby is much warmer. An Aerogarden.

Both kinds of lettuce germinated within a week

and I have been putting it in salads already. The Parsley didn't germinate, Basil has just started to sprout and I think the Spinach is supposed to take a bit more time to show any activity.

This hawk was perched on my pine tree but flew as soon as I stepped outside to get a picture.

Bald Eagle on the ice, on the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment