Wednesday 12 January 2022

New Years walks


 After being in isolation over Christmas, Rick and I celebrated Christmas at New Years.

Perch, coleslaw and fries from Knechtels


and pictures on the beach

while waiting for our dinner.

Walking along the Lynn Valley trail I took a picture of this duck from one of the bridges,

along with his, better camouflaged, partner. I  assumed Buffleheads but when I got the pictures on the computer I realized they were Hooded Mergansers.

While walking along the Hamilton Bay trail we witnessed a couple of very aggressive

Mute Swans, beating up on the passive Tundra Swans.

There were also a lot of ducks there that I am finding more difficult to identify. I think this is a Lesser Scaup.

Northern Shoveler maybe?

Absolutely no idea. He doesn't seem to be in my bird book.

A walk in Delhi with Angie and Mark resulted in a conversation  with (lecture from) a local historian.

He collected everything related to Delhi's history, fascinating.

Delhi is located on Big Creek, North and South Creek. Mark, who has lived there all his life conducted the tour. Hard to believe this is Delhi, could be Algonquin. We ended in their sunroom with wine, beer and Stollen (a raisin bread with marzipan inside). A lovely visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment