Sunday 4 September 2022

It's September already

 It seems as if everyone that I talk to complains that the summer flew by. I consider September part of the summer, maybe even the best part, as there are fewer people around and it tends not to get oppressively hot.

While at Art in the Park I bought a couple of fall prints as they reminded me of the Bruce Trail

The artist, Dave Gordon, displays in the Woodhouse Gallery and I have admired, lusted after, and been unable to afford some of his originals.

I have framed these and they now hang in my bathroom.

Rick and I have been talking about sleeping outside and star watching for a couple of years but never seem to get around to it. The couches off the outside couches, pillows and a couple of sleeping bags

and we were able to watch the sunset

from the comfort

or our makeshift bed.

As it got darker the stars started to appear. My camera is no good for night shots but Rick tried to get some of the Milky Way. I will post his star photos when he gets them processed on his computer.

We saw a gorgeous array of stars as it was a cool night. No bugs. Some shooting stars and lots of satellites. I didn't really believe that I would sleep but I did. I woke at about 2am, too hot in the sleeping bag, too cool when I kicked it off, so we went inside.

At about the same time as Rick's friend Steve was getting some trees cut down on his property, Pinterest started sending me pictures of walkways made of "wood cookies". Rick borrowed Steve's chainsaw and made like a lumberjack, cutting me some wood cookies and Steve threw in a tin of wood sealant. This photo is of the sealing in process. Some of them are now forming a walkway down the bank. Pictures to follow when it is done.

September is Sunflower season and I was given 4. I put them in George's Mum's antique vase

and played around

with some

different

angles.

Beautiful from any direction.

Eve sent me some photos she came across when packing up her house. Not sure exactly when this was taken but George was only beardless for a short while. He, Ron and Rick must have been drinking as George would get a red nose when he did.

Eve getting her makeup done for her wedding.

This may also have been at Rick and Eve's wedding.

From Aimee, first day of school 2022,

Grades 1 and 3. New school in their neighbourhood that they can walk to.

No comments:

Post a Comment