Thursday 15 September 2022

Port Dover Show and Shine

 I have seen the Show and Shine advertised all summer and kept meaning to go and see what it was all about. It is on every Monday from 4pm until dusk and I didn't have high expectations for it. I was pleasantly surprised....well organized, well attended.

Rick and I got there at about 4:30 and there were already about 50 cars at Silver Lake Park and they continued to pull in the whole time we were there.


It is run by the Lions Club and I guess it is a fund raiser

as they sell food and drinks and tickets for a 50/50 draw.

Hard to believe these vehicles are driven because the engines were spotless.

I enjoyed the hood ornaments and paint jobs

Rick was more interested in the horse power and reminiscing.


They ranged from 1930s up to current but most were "muscle cars"

It was

a fun way

to spend

an early fall evening.


There were not a lot of spectators

Most of the people standing around, chatting,

were the owners, enjoying their time with like minded people.

We topped it of with a short walk by Silver Lake

where we spotted the usual suspects.

 

We also said goodbye to Brit this week. She has been a mainstay of my hooking and crafting community Always willing to learn something new and then teach it to all of us. Always up for a walk on the beach, gift me some plants or popping in for a coffee. She is moving  "out East" and we gathered at the Beach House to wish her well

and took a windblown picture at my place after. Nic and I are already planning a road trip to visit her.


No comments:

Post a Comment