Sunday 28 April 2024

OHCG Rug Show

Although I wasn't shopping for wool for myself, I was shopping for wool to take to the McGown workshop in September. Though I may have snuck in a couple of pieces that I "fell in love with".

 Unfortunately I didn't think to go back to the rugs in the show that I had loved and take a picture of their info - title, designer and hooker, so many that I would have liked to post here I cannot without that credit. But some I did get on the second day......

Sitting and waiting to start photographing the show on the first night I sat across from, and really admired, this piece. It was hooked by Karen Kaiser and I was struck by her choice to use faded colours around the central motif. A choice that really elevates the rug.

Exploding Blooms hooked by Cathy North. This really caught my attention as a way to use up leftovers in my stash.

Julia Pigache hooked this Port Stanley Fishing Tug. Reminded me of Port Dover and a painting I am currently working on.

Julia Pigache also hooked this Pears, a Colour Study.

The snow and details of the house were beautifully done by Debbie Fabi and Shirley Lyons in Family Porch Memories.

Peggy of the Cove hooked by Linda Sullivan. I am not sure why I was taken by this one, perhaps the sense of looking up at the lighthouse, or the graphic nature  or the different geometric angles. Not sure but I love it.

This one, Three Sheep in UK hooked by Alice Bespolko, won in the Original Design category.

Not only was it beautifully designed and hooked but there were some lovely details. The horn of this sheep for instance

and reverse hooking for the stone with folded wool between. Moss and foliage on the walls was hooked higher.

This was hooked by Heather Davidson, inspired by a black and white lino cut.

This was my favorite in the whole show - Ice Huts on Lac Megantic hooked by Pat Lawson.

My Morning Walk hooked by Karen Kaiser.

Midnight Composing by Figaro and Ringo won an Honourable Mention in the Original category. Hooked by Brenda Malstrom. Such great decisions - taking the colour of the ginger cat into the background behind the black cat and vice versa, same with the musical notes.

Flower Button Tree hooked by Ingrid Hieronimus won the Ontario Craft Award.

No comments:

Post a Comment