I had been doing so well, staying up to date on the blog. But now I am in Ucluelet with another day of photos, burning a hole in my SD card. So here's yesterdays catch up.
 |
| Last time we went to see the Sea Lions, most of them were out on some logs near the Hulks. This time they were closer in. I had seen a tug pulling a log boom earlier and I think that the logs they were on must have been moved. |
 |
| The remaining logs had rows of Sea Lions. Using my binoculars I did a rough count of about 60 Sea Lions on the logs and the breakwall. The ones up and arching were the ones making the noise. I have read that they bark to establish their territory, claim their harem and identify their young. |
 |
| I don't know how the Harbour Seals and Sea Gulls sleep through it. |
 |
| Totally crashed out! |
 |
| We sat there for quite a while just enjoying watching the movement and interactions. |
 |
| We walked back along the trail. I sent Mike a photo of the shoreline campsite his family could have had if they didn't come in the summer. |
 |
| I asked Rick to get his telephoto lens on to something I had seen in the water. He thought it was a Seal but I said no, I saw a different tail. River Otter! |
  | | We hurried out to the breakwall and the ramp to the fishing platform not wanting to miss them. We didn't need to hurry, they were there for a while, in fact we left before they did. |
|
|
 |
| There were 2 adults and 4 young and we watched them laze, |
 |
| wrestle, play, |
 |
| fish, |
 |
| eat, fight |
 |
| and just be |
 |
| incredibly cute and entertaining. |
 |
| Female Harlequin Duck. |
 |
| There is a lookout area close to the apartment and I stopped to take photos |
 |
| of the totem poles there. |
 |
| Wondering if someday I may paint them. |
 |
| The ferry we will catch tomorrow, on a sea of silver. |
Then it was time to pack and get ready for an early start.
No comments:
Post a Comment