Tuesday 22 April 2014

Long Point - Spring chores

I will probably post more Paris pictures when I have no news from home but currently I am in the throes of spring chores. I returned from Paris to a cottage with no snow but still ice on the lake and ice under the sand.

First laker that I have seen, picking it's way through the ice.
It has been gradually breaking up during the last couple of weeks
At this point just ice along the nearest sandbar.
The prevailing current takes the ice towards the East, to go over Niagara Falls, and a westerly wind helps in that direction. However an easterly brings it to a halt or pushes it back towards the other end of the lake. I suspect the same pieces of ice have been back and forth in front of the cottage a number of times. I am so easily entertained.
Makes for some interesting shapes



Sorry, got sidetracked by the ice. The first chore, of course, was unpacking which Rasta insisted on helping me with.

Then there was laundry:
Just checking that its spinning correctly
After the post travel chores there were the spring cottage chores. Primarily; the snow fence and plywood boards had to be removed so that the area can be bulldozed. There is a deadline, set by the Ministry of Natural Resources, for this, so there is some urgency to this chore.
Neighbours helped me remove the snow fence and some of the boards during the
 last snow storm of the season (we hope!)
Christine and Jason came down for the Easter weekend and helped me remove the rest of the plywood
wall and the posts that held it in place.
With some furniture moved out of the garage we enjoyed the first, well
 deserved, drinks on the deck

And finally, if you wondered how Rasta felt about being at Simon and Danielle's for 2 weeks.
He caught 3 mice, harassed the dog and got them up early. Back at the cottage, he
 has now adopted the downstairs bed as his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment