Friday 11 April 2014

Paris 2014 continued

I am going to continue to live my Paris trip a little longer by doing a few more posts. I took so many pictures and would like to put some more up on the blog.
Looking up one of the support pillars in Notre Dame. It is an immense space and there are
so many paintings, windows, sculptures, carvings that its easy to forget to admire the
building itself.
Massive wooden and wrought iron doors into Notre Dame
The front of Notre Dame is covered with statues. I'm sure there's a reason this guy is
holding his head.
Somehow the produce seemed more vibrantly colourful than at home, perhaps because
it doesn't have to travel as far as much of it is grown in Spain (in greenhouses) and in
Northern Africa.
Christine has always had "a thing" for Vespas so I took this shot for her. Later in the trip I saw
2 that I wished I'd taken a picture of. One was all dented up and had obviously had some close
calls. Next to it was one with a bulls-eye target painted on the side. A Vespa owner with a
sense of humour.
If your the youngest cooks helper you get sent out for the baguettes.
These beautiful water fountains were all over the place. I am not sure if they were just for decoration, for
washing your hand or for drinking water. This one was in the flower market on Isle de la Cite.

Fountain in the Louvre courtyard with the pyramid entrance through the arch.

No comments:

Post a Comment