Thursday 13 October 2016

My talented sister.

My sister, Nicola, was a quilter decades ago and has recently returned to it. With a vengeance! I  wrote a post last summer about her quilting weekend at the cottage. It entailed mostly washing, ironing and cutting. Well she returned on Thanksgiving weekend with the completed quilt!

She had intended to sew a picture panel into the centre but opted instead to learn to applique and the galleon looks great.
She also appliqued the little compasses in each corner and
cursed the waves.
It is a lovely gift. Nicola is 3 for 3 this year having made this one, Chris and Jason's wedding quilt and

this quilt for Maya (that Avery seems to think is his)
This called for a celebratory walk and drink on the beach.
Thank you Nicky.

2 comments:

  1. Wow the little compasses are so cute!! Jason and I love ours, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to Chris for reminding me how much I love to sew and Carol you have always challenged me to experiment and this quilt was a wonderful stretch for me!

    ReplyDelete