Monday 11 May 2020

Long Point quarantine - just 2 days left !!!

In spite of the list I wrote for my self, I have mostly been rug hooking and playing on the tablet. Interrupted every now and then by the following:

Stepping outside and admiring the full moon on a clear night.
Watching the birds at the feeders. This is a White Crowned Sparrow and seems quite happy to feed on the ground, from what the others have dropped, and stay out of the melee.

The Downy Woodpecker with a sweet tooth, is back. Looks like he hasn't been able to go to the hairdresser either.
The Hummingbirds tend to come in and feed from a couple of the holes but this guy works his way around the feeder, sipping from every hole.

Cuddling the cat. He has no problem relaxing, just hangs out.
Watching the Lakers go by. They are usually out on the horizon but this barge was quite close in.
I stopped all work outside when it started to snow. It's May!
Then, the next day,

this granular, sleet/
snow/hail combination.
So I am more focused on inside activities. Another work out with Avery and Maya. Spiderman this time. My thighs still hurt from the squats, while shooting web from my wrists.

Watching the Amaryllis grow (oh yes, I'm bored). This is a weeks growth. It must be from 2 Christmases ago, but still is growing a flower bud.
And finally, today, I gave in to something that seems to be even more contagious than the Corona Virus, this lockdown. I baked! I never bake! Because if I do, I eat it. These muffins are as healthy as I could find. Date carrot. I also added some chopped apricots, oat bran and coconut and used whole wheat flour. They have only been out of the oven an hour and I have eaten 2 already. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment