Wednesday 6 May 2020

More Quarantine activities

Having dug sheep manure and compost into the raised bed I planted the only seeds I had left over from last year, red and yellow beets. Because the forecast is for cold weather, maybe even snow, I covered them with plastic to help warm the soil. As they are old seeds they may not even germinate, but, until I have other things to plant, I might as well experiment.
I bought the sectional down from the garage and one warm(ish) afternoon was able to read outside. With the blanket on!
At this time of year the sun no longer sets into the lake, but, until the foliage fills in, you can still see it through the trees.

More visitors to
the feeders.

The local paper had an article about Great Art for Great Lakes which was a call for submissions for collective art projects. A local woman submitted a proposal for a rug hooking mural which was accepted. Her original plan was to set it up like a quilting bee and community members could go and hook on it whenever they wanted. However Covid 19 has forced her to take parts of it out to volunteers. I contacted her to see if I was too late and as I had a hoop and hook (not needing to borrow them) she dropped me off a bag.

I finished the 6" square in an evening and have called to say I am happy to do more.
In conversation with Mike ("Daddy school/daycare") I was invited to join Avery and Maya for the Physed section of their day. They had chosen a Mario Brothers workout. Note pants are optional in their school uniform. (Underpants are not)

Maya took her job as "Nana's coach" very seriously and kept turning around to check that I was doing the exercises correctly. I have to admit, it got my heart rate up.

No comments:

Post a Comment