Friday 1 May 2020

Quarantine Chores

Sitting in Cyprus I was mentally making lists of everything I needed to be doing at home. Now I'm home there is no shortage of things to fill my time with.

First order of business, cuddle the cat. Rasta was a little clingy the first day but, after that, got back into his regular routine of cuddles morning and evening and sleeping in between.


The garden needed to be inspected.
I thought I had only planted daffodils last fall but it must have been a bag of mixed bulbs because I have Hyacinths
And I have no idea what these are!

Keith was here with his bulldozer the day I got back. The bulldozing has to be completed before the end of April to protect the Fowler toads (they are endangered in Canada)
Bob, next door, has put up his Martin houses and the annual battle, for occupancy, has begun, between the Sparrows, Martins
and Tree Swallows.

Weird clouds over the lake.
I filled the bird feeders and the Cardinals were the first ones to realize.
King of the castle, but
that particular feeder is set up for small birds only.
But it didn't take long for the Posse to arrive. That was George's name for the flocks of Grackles,
Starlings and Red Winged Blackbirds that could empty the feeders in just one day. This shot also has Sparrows and Doves.
After wrestling one of the Muskoka chairs on to the front deck, it was time for coffee.
Back to work: digging and raking to reveal the flower pot and some pots that held herbs last year. I don't know if they have survived.
Now wait a minute. I have never had black squirrels here before. The occasional red squirrel but never black. That's going to add to the birdfood bill!

Enough work for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment