Sunday 13 September 2020

Bruce Trail - Escarpment Sideroad to Innis Lake Rd, Map 16 , Caledon Hills.

 I'm a bit behind on my blogging. Nicola and I did this hike last Saturday, over a week ago. We were pretty sore so just planned a short hike that was mostly on roads. Get it out of the way.

I have to give the organization credit, wherever possible the trail is in bush or fields and even when following a road it is sometimes on private land beside the road.

This section however, mostly roads, so we entertained ourselves with the fall shrubs,


roadside flowers,

views of distant Toronto and

fancy homes.


Uphill on Airport Rd was a real slog

and I was glad for the excuse to stop and take photos

of this funny tree

in a farmhouse garden and

this. No sign on the driveway but it was a large complex and looked like a retreat.



About 5.5 km in about an hour and a half. We keep up a good pace when walking on roads.

 

This gave us time to visit some Garden Centres on the way home. We hit 3! Some people do wine tours, we do Garden Centre tours. None of them were busy and we got personal service and some fall bargains. Back at Nic and Dave's we split some of them, to share, and dug and split some of their plants for me to take home.

I've got some planting to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment