Saturday 26 September 2020

Walks and Bike rides

 This year the onset of bad weather seems even more ominous, more time indoors. There will be less time outside, feeling safer, visiting with friends and family. I have been outside and active as much as possible. Aside from the ongoing gardening and grass cutting I have been walking, bike riding and on a weekly basis, sailing.

A huge flock of Cormorants watched us leave the marina. No fear of a cull this close to all the people. Phone photo by Mark.


Phone photo by Mark


Rick, who I sail with, and I have been for a couple of walks; Lynn Valley Trail and Dundas Valley

.

Nicola and I had hiked part of the Dundas Valley as the Bruce Trail goes through it

 

but it has quite a complex of trails and we didn't even scratch the surface.

 

Rick and I also biked the Lynn Valley Trail and the Niagara Parkway Trail from Navy Hall,

across from the Youngstown Yacht Club,

 
up to Queenston.

I was not prepared to climb the escarpment to Brock's monument.

 
We did stop at Laura Secord's house (Closed)

 

and Riverview Cellars winery. Rick had the forethought to bring crackers and cheese to go with the tasting.

 

It must have been a good growing year

 

as there are an abundance of grapes.

The green ones don't have the same impact, behind their bird protection nets.


On a very still day, Brit and I, walked Long Point,

 
happy to see more beach than we have seen all summer.

In these conditions the water makes sand art.

 
I had never seen sand bubbles before.

 

A flock of Sanderlings ran, on legs going so fast you could hardly see them, ahead of us.

Just one of them ran towards us.

A bike ride from my place to Hoover Marina in Nanticoke led to a lunch of perch and fries on the patio, for Rick and I, and a view of this lovely lady at dock. I was surprised to see such a large boat there as it is quite a shallow entrance and not a large river.

No comments:

Post a Comment