Sunday 6 September 2020

More August activities

With nice weather and the ability to sit outside, the family got together for the first time since Christmas. Over a 4 day period, in a variety of groupings; Mum and Dad, Mark, Emma, Monty, Sarah and Heather, Simon, Danielle and Fiona, Nicola and Dave and Christine all got together at my place, dubbed "Firefly House" by Nicola and the "R"SYC ("Royal" Sweeton  Yacht Club) by the sailing crew. The girls went camping, Simon and Mark went kayaking and we all ate, drank and generally caught up. Unfortunately I was too busy to take pictures.

I have been sailing on Caleidoscope for the last 3 Wednesdays and we have had some lovely nights on the lake and some good results. Followed by pizza and wings on "the edge" at "R"SYC.

Hard to believe but the colours really were that vivid. Photo by Mark.


Photo by Mark

And I guess we really were that blurry. Photo by Mark

While still living at Long Point, I hooked a couple of squares for this group project of Long Point Bay.

We had a get together on the grounds of the Normandale Inn so we could see the almost completed project and those of us who had hooked before were asked to bring examples of our work.

Some bought rugs that stuck to the Long Point theme. It was very informal so I have no idea who the hooker was

or the titles of these rugs that look to be originals.

I took a selection of my work.

Having moved at least 20 plastic tubs of wool to my new place I swore I would only use wool from my stash, but this vendor had the exact colour that I was missing for my next project.

And this is the next project. A Rittemere-Hurst-Field pattern based on a painting by Canadian artist, Thor Hansen. I bought it at least 10 years ago intending to hook it for George's side of the bed. Needless to say it didn't get done, but now it fits perfectly with the nautical theme that Christine has chosen for the nursery.

My niece Carla helped her friend Dustin produce a colouring book during the Covid lockdown. I ordered 5. Two will be sent out to Maya and Avery. I will use one. Not sure about the other 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment