Tuesday 14 January 2014

Long Point - Introducing Rasta

First, an update on the lake.
During the deep freeze, aka "polar vortex", the lake was frozen to the horizon as the wind
blew all the chunks of ice, floating in the lake, up against the shore.
Then it thawed and all the snow on the beach melted away and sometimes there are patches
of open water far out on the lake.

Well, as I mentioned in the last blog post, Two had to go home and I had got rather used to the company. So after ensuring I had potential "cat sitters"( Mum and Dad) I checked kijiji. One person had 2 ads for a total of 6 kittens, in Simcoe. She has some kind of rescue operation. I went to see them yesterday and of course came away with one. $100 later in pet store supplies and my little black and white kitten has his home in the downstairs bathroom. He is out and about when I am home and awake but I don't trust him yet with the run of the house, too much trouble he can get into.
Introducing Rasta. Picture isn't too clear as he doesn't have the idea of posing
yet, always on the move.
In this shot you can see his little mitten feet. He has 6 toes on his front paws.
This morning we went to the vet in Port Dover and he was wormed and got his first shot. He talked to me all the way to Dover, sometimes quite angrily. I think he thought he should have the run of the car rather than be in a carrier. The vet said he seemed fine though rather skinny.
Weighed in at a whole 2.2lbs.
Purred through the whole injection process, I don't think I can rely on purring
as an indication of happiness with this cat.
Now he is curled up, purring and sleeping on my lap while I type this, one handed. I promise not to bore with too many cat pictures but there certainly will be some.

2 comments:

  1. 2.2 pounds! So tiny! I want to meet him before he gets any bigger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.my.goodness. He is so flipping cute!!! And only 2.2lbs!! I want to shoot him!

    ReplyDelete