Monday 20 January 2014

Long Point - more winter !!!!! and Rasta.

Of course there will be kitten pictures in this post but first the great outdoors. I went for a walk in the Old Provincial Park, next door, after a snowfall. Lovely and surprisingly few animal prints. No human ones, mine were the first, that day.
Not sure what little critter made these prints but the line between them is probably made by
its tail. Its living in the bathroom at the Provincial Park as the prints started there.
These were deer tracks that headed to the lake and then turned back into the park
Coyote tracks. Similar to dogs but the dog tracks zigzagged back and forth across the beach while
these were in a straight line down the beach as far as I could see in each direction.
I have been trying to get decent pictures of Rasta as he is very cute and will grow very fast. He is  however also very curious and most of them end up looking like this:

He's really mastered the "waifish" look.
He came with me to Toronto this weekend. I was quite impressed as he slept the 3 hour trip there and the two and a half hour trip back. After his yowling demonstration to the vets last week I had thought I would be in for a very uncomfortable and annoying ride, but was proved wrong. I hope this continues as I do a lot of driving and visiting and it would be ideal if he was a good traveller.
The plan was to introduce him to Two as I frequently stay with Chris and Jason in Toronto and they tend to bring Two when they come to the cottage. After an initial growl from Rasta (quite hilarious from his tiny little body) he was curious about the other cat and wanted to engage. Two on the other hand was not as co-operative. She hissed at every opportunity! We did not end up allowing them to be in the same room without supervision and even then only for short periods. I think this will take a number of meetings and a lot of comforting sounds and kitty treats.
This face does not say "Welcome little stranger, lets be friends"

No comments:

Post a Comment