Wednesday 29 January 2014

Port Dover and Fort Erie

I just got back from 6 days away (aside from the brief return that I pictured in the previous post). The pictures from Sunday don't do justice to the amount of snow that there is here now, Wednesday. It has been blowing for 3 days and the drift is more than half way up the house and I am not kidding myself that I will see the hot tub again until spring. I had to dig myself in to both the garage and the cottage and that was just a narrow passageway. There will be more digging!
However my time away was fun; taking care of Fiona and then visiting Mum and Dad. Rasta is proving to be quite a peaceful travelling companion and settled quite well in both places we visited.
Very curious about everything
This was pretty well as close to Maddy as Rasta got most of the weekend. That is until Tuesday
morning, just before we left, when he jumped down a step and reached a paw to gently tap Maddy
twice on the back. Danielle thought he looked liked he'd dared himself to do it.
He enjoyed playing Mario Kart on the Wii with Fiona
and got totally relaxed on Dad's knees.
As both families have offered to "kitty sit", if needed,  its a good job he seemed to relax at both locations.

The snow was quite magnificent in Port Dover and there I could just enjoy the photographic opportunities without worrying about what impact all that snow will be having on the hot tub and the fact that my blue boxes and garbage can are well and truly buried.
Delicate snow sculpture on Port Dover Beach
Winter lighthouse
Winter fishing boat
Snow on cedars.

No comments:

Post a Comment